Sunday, February 3, 2008

I'm an Aunt!

I spent some time this weekend with a few of my nieces and nephews. I just wanted to comment on how much I LOVE being an Aunt. I have16 nieces and 8 nephews. Twelve of them are married and I know most their spouses and, I must say, they married very well. My children are on the younger side of the cousin thing so most of my nieces and nephews are older or the same ages as my children. I have to tell you how much I enjoy interaction with them. They are intelligent, motivated, sensitive people. I admire them so much and love them a whole lot!! I find myself so glad that we have to be in families here on earth so that these incredible people have to see me once in awhile. That I get to visit with them and draw from their energy. They are some of the most talented people you or I will ever meet. And smart! One of the things I love the best about my time with them is laughing with them. I tell you I really do enjoy them. To those that live far from me, my wish is that I could see you more often. But to all 24 of you, I hold you in my thoughts and heart. When you struggle I pray extra hard for you. All of you need to know how much I love your parents, my siblings. I'm glad we are connected. Here's a shout out to my missionary nephew in Minnesota, Zach. And to all the new babies coming...
The dimension that being an aunt adds to my life is a joy for me.

No comments: